During the preparatory week and the first four weeks of training, all candidates are subject to an indoctrination period:
- Candidates are confined to the Base.
- Candidates are not allowed to welcome visitors.
- The Subway Restaurant is out of bounds.
- During the week, students can go to the CANEX, the bank, the movie theatre or to their mess with the permission of their platoon staff, all while adhering to the platoon schedule.
- Candidates will wear the uniform at all times.
- It is strictly forbidden to drink alcohol.
- Electronic devices such as cell phones, DVD players, iPods and computers can only be used with the instructors' permission.