14 things you need to know before coming to CFLRS
- Your course is about 62% of classroom training with study and theoretical exams.
- Your course is about 25% of field training with practical exams.
- 13% of your course will be devoted to physical training.
- Training days start at 5:10 am and end at 11 pm.
- Types of physical training: running, weight training (machines), obstacle course, forced marches, circuit training, in-pool training. It is very important to have proper running shoes.
- Protein supplements to augment performance are not allowed.
- If you are single, you must pay rations and quarters throughout your stay at the School at a cost of $640 per month; if you are married/common-law, you must pay rations at a cost of $544 per month. This will be deducted directly from your pay.
- Your civil status must be up-to-date and you must have the proper documentation to prove it.
- Ensure your financial arrangements are completed prior to your arrival at the School.
- If you request a voluntary release, a 2 to 4 week waiting period (if there are no major problems encountered with your administrative file) will be required before you may return home.
- During the first five weeks, you will not be able to leave the military base. After this initial period, permission to leave on the weekend will be granted depending upon your training performance. Visitors are not permitted during the week.
- The School is housed in a 12-story building, and unless you are on medical restrictions, elevators are out of bounds to students.
- Teamwork is essential and the key to your success.
- Your success is directly proportional to the level of physical and mental preparation that you will have undertaken prior to your arrival.
Send us your questions by
Top of Page